Below are our full terms of participation for the Nobel Prize Teacher Summit competition. Please read the following points carefully as they contain important information you need to know, and will apply to your entry!
1. The promoter of this competition, Nobel competition 2019, is EF Language Learning Solutions Ltd, Haldenstrasse 4 6006 Lucerne Switzerland (the “Promoter”, “us”, “we”).
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry (the “Terms of Participation”).
3. Entry is free and open to legal residents of the EU/ EEA and Switzerland who are English teachers aged 18 years or over.
4. We may ask you to provide proof of identity, residency, and age, to confirm you are eligible to participate.
5. You may only enter once.
6. If you (or your immediate family or housemates) are employees or contractors of the Promoter, its promotional partners, or subsidiaries or parent or affiliated companies, then you're not eligible to participate.
7. The laws in some jurisdictions may not allow the Promoter to run the promotion, so this competition and these Terms of Participation are void in those instances.
How to enter:
8. In order for you to enter the competition, you have to:
You don’t have to buy anything to enter.
9. By entering, you agree that all of your entry is your own work. It’s your responsibility to make sure that your entry doesn’t infringe on any third party rights.
10. The competition starts on 00.01 CET on 1 August 2019 (“Opening Date”) and closes on 23.59 CET on 13 September 2019 (“Closing Date”). Your entry is received at the time we receive it. You agree that we are not responsible if your entry gets lost in cyberspace or doesn’t arrive for any other reason.
11. Any changes to these Terms of Participation (which may include changing the Closing Date and cancelling the competition) will be published on the Campaign Website so you should check this page regularly
12. Each prize is for one (1) person and consists of:
Covering a turn and return flight, train or bus to Stockholm from the winner’s country of residence. The transportation will be booked by the Promoter and communicated 1 October at the latest. If the winner wants to travel on other dates, times or with different transportation companies, notice of such requests must be sent to the Promoter by 16 September 2019. If applicable, all extra costs for the changed transportation will be charged to the winner. The Promoter will arrange for transportation from the country of residence or city of residence if within Sweden. All other transportation will be at the winners’ own cost. Excluded from the travel package is travel outside of Sweden to the relevant airport or transport hub for transfer to Sweden and travel from and to the airport/railway or bus station in Stockholm to the hotel and any events included in the prize.
At a hotel of the Promoter’s choice with check-in Wednesday 9 October 2019 and check-out Saturday 12 October 2019. If the winner wishes to stay longer, this will be at the winner’s own cost.
Breakfast (continental) will be included in the hotel accommodation provided by the Promoter. The Promoter also invites the winner to dinner on Thursday 4 October 2018 in Stockholm.
d. Nobel Teacher Summit
A ticket to the Nobel Prize Teacher Summit 2018 on 11 October 2019, from 08.30 – 16.30.
e. Additional programme for international guests
All winners, including Swedish teachers, are invited to join the three day programme for international guests. This programme includes events on Thursday 10 October and Saturday 12 October. Details about the programme are available here:http://nobelcenter.se/education/nobel-education-network/programme/
The value of the prize is approximately 6000 SEK to 7500 SEK depending on the winner’s country of residence and the travel costs. The estimated value may differ at the time of awarding the prize. We’ll use reasonable efforts to award the prize as described, but if we can’t due to unforeseen circumstances, we’ll substitute it for another prize of a similar value.
13. Taxes - All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred as a result of the prize.
14. The prize is not transferable or refundable. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, can’t be taken as cash. If you are unable to use the prize, you will forfeit it and it will be awarded to the next best entry.
15. If the prize includes travel, you are responsible for making sure you have all valid travel documentation such as passport and visas.
16. Six (6) winners will be selected from eligible entries. If there are less than 6 eligible entries, there will be less than 6 winners selected. Winners will be selected (by a panel of judges chosen by the Promoter) on the basis of: the most original and inspiring answers to the tiebreaker question; Why did you become a teacher?
17. The winners will be notified by e-mail on 13 September 2019. Their first names, last names, city will be published on the Campaign Website and possibly also via EF Class’ Facebook page. Names of the winners (first name, last name and city) may also be announced in further promotional communication from the Promoter. The winner must claim its prize within seventy-two (72) hours from the time the prize notification email was sent, by contacting the Promoter via the contact details in the prize notification email. If the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, or if the prize remains unclaimed seventy-two (72) hours after the prize notification email was sent, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. You won’t hold us liable if you don’t receive the prize notification email due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or if the winner had provided incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
18. By submitting your entry, you understand that the Promoter, anyone acting on behalf of the Promoter, or its respective licensees, successors and assignees will have the worldwide irrevocable right to review, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, in any media, in perpetuity, your entry, including without limitation, the entry and the winners’ name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or information for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes, without any further compensation.
Limitation of liability
19. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THE PROMOTER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER WHICH IS SUFFERED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS) OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH) SUFFERED OR SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION AND/OR RELATED TO THE PRIZE EXCEPT FOR ANY LIABILITY, WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW (IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW). THE PROMOTER WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT, INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION COMMUNICATED IN THE COURSE OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS COMPETITION IF THE DEFICIENCY IS OCCASIONED BY ANY CAUSE OUTSIDE THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE PROMOTER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OR FAILURES. TAX IMPLICATIONS MAY ARISE FROM THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE. INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVICE SHOULD BE SOUGHT.
20. You agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assignees, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) your participation in the competition, and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the competition; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition or the processing of entries.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
23. Your personal data, such as your name and your email address, will be processed by the Promoter for the purposes of your participation in this competition and to provide you with information and promotions about the Promoter and/or any of its affiliates that we deem could be of interest to you. We may share your personal data with our corporate affiliates, claims handlers, and other business partners both within and outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland. We have put appropriate safeguards in place for transfers of your personal data outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland, including the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission. The Promoter and its affiliates may also use your personal data, combined with information about you obtained from third party sources, to market our products and services, including special promotions based on your interests. You have the right to, at any time, withdraw your consent or object to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes by contacting us at the address set out below. We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or in accordance with time limits stipulated by law and good market practice, unless further retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
24. If you would like to have a copy of the information the Promoter holds about you, or a copy of the standard data protection clauses, or would like to rectify or erase personal data, or restrict the processing of personal data, or otherwise object to our processing, or use your right to data portability, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at EF Language Learning Solutions Ltd, Haldenstrasse 4 6006 Lucerne Switzerland. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact the supervisory authority in the country where you live.
25. Unless otherwise agreed or required by a mandatory law, these Terms of Participation are subject to the laws of Switzerland, without regard to choice or conflicts of law principles. Further, you and the Promoter agree that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with this competition and these Terms of Participation, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce. The place of arbitration shall be in Lucerne, Switzerland, and the arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the contest and website, please contact us at email@example.com